Gothenburg, June 2020 - At first sight, the Weret watch impresses with its sophisticated lines, which carry the legacy of Swedish automotive design. Taking a closer look at it, you will notice the object of surfers’ passion, the ocean, is the greatest inspiration for this timepiece. But let’s not judge it just by the cover, when you go to the core of Weret you find what makes it so unique in an analog watch: Bluetooth™ technology that allows you to have the magicseaweed (MSW) real-time conditions of your favorite surf spot with just a glance on your wrist.
To see the magicseaweed themes’ information, such as air pressure for a magicseaweed surf spot, all you need to do is to press on the crown and the watch toggles between time mode and the detailed weather condition mode. You can find the temperature scale and the barometer on the Weret outer scale, while the compass and Beaufort scale, showing magicseaweed wind or wave directions, swell height, and wind speed, is always at hand.
The world’s first watch with surf conditions from MSW gives you different options to configure the dials according to your preferences:
- Wave theme - shows swell height and direction, tide flow, water temperature, and air pressure for your preferred magicseaweed surf spot.
- Wind theme - tailored for the magicseaweed community with passion within wind and kitesurfing and shows the wind speed, wind direction, air temperature, and the air pressure.
The name Weret represents the flow of waves and tides that are the life force of our world oceans and the true essence of Surf. Thinking specifically of surfers' lifestyle, a combination of Bluetooth™Low Energy (BLE) technology and optimized software, enable battery charging of up to three months. After that, you just recharge with the wireless induction charger that comes with the watch. Weret is the world's first analog steel watch with induction charging.
Having to update the time when you are surfing in different time-zones shouldn’t be a problem anymore. Weret adjust the time automatically so you always have the current magicseaweed conditions available on your wrist! The Weret watches are available to purchase at weret.com.
Your favorite magicseaweed spots now on your watch
A unique timepiece needed the most accurate weather conditions for surfers, that's why Weret and magicseaweed decided to partner up. For years, magicseaweed has been collecting data through live winds, ocean buoy readings, webcams, and direct beach reports, honing their surf forecasting service making it one of the most accurate on the planet - and it is now available on the Weret watch.
“We're stoked with the partnership with Weret,” said Jason Lock, editor of magicseaweed. “For surfers to have live surf data straight to their wrist is a huge boon for people's surfing life. You'll have all you need to make the call, and every other feature of MSW will live on the MSW app and homepage, so this is the perfect companion for when planning a surf mission.”
Millions of surfers all over the world use MSW to check the surf conditions at their local spot, or use it to plan trips further afield – but it's not just surfers, fishermen use it for tide times, kayakers, bodyboarders, long-distance swimmers, all of these have a home on MSW. The surf global weather prediction on your Weret watch covers almost 3,000 beaches in 180 countries, thanks to a network of live human reporters updated in real-time, four times a day.
“We are very excited to have this partnership with magicseaweed. From now on, surfers from Australia to Alaska can have exactly the same tools used by the world's top surfers also on a high tech piece on their wrist”, resume Weret’s founder and automotive designer, Joel Rozada.
Weret and magicseaweed: same passion for quality and craftsmanship
Weret aligns the best of an analog watch with high tech. It has a co-engineered smartwatch movement made in collaboration with Switzerland’s leading movement manufacturer. The revolutionary use of the second hand of the Weret watch as a Bluetooth™ antenna enables the watch to connect to magicseaweed surf data in real-time. The presentation of magicseaweed surf conditions is possible thanks to its five directional step motors that can be driven independently - one at a time or all at once. "We’ve worked with the best to bring you a technological masterpiece enabling you to become one with the elements through an augmented experience", said Joel Rozada.
Made to last beyond the season, Weret uses top craftsmanship and materials such as pure surgical stainless steel - with excellent corrosion resistance to sea-water - and sapphire glass with anti-scratch and anti-reflective. The models are inspired by the Scandinavian automotive design and are launched in three limited editions with magicseaweed integration - all available in Celsius or Fahrenheit temperature scales:
- Weret Blue Edition, which highlights the surf elements and the iconic tide in the color of the seas, comes in completely black PVD coated or in brushed 316L stainless steel.
- Weret Clean Edition for a sophisticated design in polished 316L stainless steel with a white dial or brushed 316L stainless steel with black dial.
- Weret 612 Edition if you prefer a more stylish look in rose gold or brushed 316L stainless steel with a PVD coated bezel and buttons.
The straps, of course, also follow surfers’ lifestyles, coming in three different materials:
- Leather - made of premium genuine leather, a natural organic material. Its character only enhances with time, imprinting a unique record as proof of all of life’s adventures.
- Canvas - style and strength are the most beneficial aspects of this material.
- Silicone - Designed for extreme outdoor activities, with performance comfort being the highest priority, the silicone straps are extremely durable, resistant, and flexible.
All of them match all Weret models and because they have a quick-release system it is also easy to change the strap according to the occasion or to your next surf adventure to the magicseaweed spot shown on your wrist.
Designed for surfers by surfers
Whose opinion could count most for an ocean watch? Surfers for sure! Besides having surfers on their creative team, Weret is partnering with surfers for development as part of their ambassador program. Surfers from the World Surf League and Big Waves surfers are some of the athletes that are already spreading the word about the world's first connected surf watch, and comes with insightful recommendations. Yes, a new ocean watch is born and a glance on your watch is all it takes to know the real-time conditions of your favorite magicseaweed surf spot. You can already have Weret, just visit www.weret.com to find the model that better suits your style.
>> Weight: ~87g
>> Water-resistant: 10 atm (100m/330ft)
>> Connection: Syncs MSW real-data to your wrist through Bluetooth™ Low Energy and your Smartphone
>> APP - The Weret app is available for both iOS and Android for the surfing community.
>> Durability: Uses a sapphire crystal and 316L surgical grade stainless steel - a low-carbon steel with excellent corrosion resistance to sea-water
>> Battery: Lifetime up to 3 months and charging with a wireless induction charger
>> Weather Accuracy: 3000 beaches in 180 countries covered with real-time weather conditions powered by magicseaweed - a favorite of the world's top surfers.
>> Price: US$795, with free shipping worldwide at shop.weret.com.
- Weret surf weather is powered by magicseaweed
- magicseaweed covers 180 countries for Weret watches
- Near three thousand beaches from Alaska to Australia are accessible through the Weret watch and magicseaweed
- magicseaweed weather data is the choice of the world’s top surfers and now available on the Weret watch.
- Monthly, more than 1,5 million surfers check MSW weather conditions before they hit the beach, now they can monitor the surf conditions on the Weret watch.
- magicseaweed surf data is used to plan for some of surfing's largest and most popular events, including ASP World Tour.
- magicseaweed surf data is trusted by contest directors from Rip Curl, Quiksilver, and Billabong, O'Neill, Roxy
Weret was founded in Sweden by award-winning digital design and development house in collaboration with Switzerland's leading movement manufacturer and a watchmaker of functional quality watches on the Swedish west coast for almost a decade. With over 14 years of history in technology, Weret pushed the boundaries of innovation with new exciting functionalities while maintaining the highest level of accuracy and quality, resulting in a unique hybrid smartwatch presenting surf data in collaboration with magicseaweed, the world's most popular online free long range surf forecast. Weret creates watches that are made to last with timeless design, clean silhouettes, innovative techniques, and functional details. Inspired by Scandinavian automotive design it uses only the best materials and craftsmanship honoring the Swedish manufacturing heritage. A new ocean watch is born. Welcome to Weret and have your world on your wrist! Find out more at www.weret.com.
#weret #magicseaweed #msw #oceanwatch #watchtheocean #surfweather